Making the Divorce Process Easier in Texas
A Real Austin Lawyer for Real Families
No event will have a greater impact on you, your children, and your assets than a divorce. At Hembree Bell Law Firm, PLLC, our goal is to help you plan early to avoid potential pitfalls later in the process. Ideally, we’ll want to discuss your case six to nine months before actually filing in order to identify strengths and weaknesses, assess your financial preparedness, and equip you with the resources and information you need to navigate the tumultuous waters of divorce, custody, and support disputes.
Start with a consultation. Call our attorney at (512) 768-9737. We will help you get the information you need before moving forward.
What Types of Divorce Are There in Texas?
When you and your spouse disagree on an issue, such as the division of your property, child custody, or child support, it becomes a “contested divorce.” If you both agree on all issues, it is known as an “uncontested divorce.” Whichever you are going through, Hembree Bell Law stands ready to provide you with the personal support and legal guidance you need.
What Is the Purpose of Mediation in Divorce?
Mediation is a much less stressful and much more affordable divorce solution. In a mediation, you and your spouse meet with a neutral third party who will help you work through any issues that need to be resolved. This may reduce costs, save time, and create less stress for you and your family. Similarly, collaborative divorce is a voluntary process that prioritizes negotiation and looks at what is in the best interests of the individuals and children.
Both mediation and collaborative divorce may avoid traditional divorce litigation, but it is not appropriate for all couples and in every situation. Speak to our attorney in regards to what may be right for your family.
Important Divorce Issues
At Hembree Bell Law, our lawyer has been in your position and knows how vital information and communication are to the divorce process. It is our goal to make sure you are heard, your questions are answered, and your needs are met.
Our experienced attorney can help you with divorce-related issues, such as:
- Asset division: Typically, spouses do not agree on the division of property. We have extensive experience in assessing the available assets and ensuring that our clients receive their fair share.
- Alimony: Depending on the length of your marriage, the income of each spouse, and the age of each spouse, temporary or permanent spousal support may be necessary. Whether you are on the receiving end or the paying end, our priority is to make sure that the fair amount of support is requested.
- Child custody: In any case where children are involved, our first priority is making sure their best interests are at the forefront of any decision regarding custody and visitation.
- Child support: In the state of Texas, guidelines establish the amount of child support. In some cases, however, there are reasons to establish a different amount than what is listed in the guidelines. We can help determine if your situation calls for something outside of the guidelines and negotiate or fight for a fair child support order.
- Divorce modifications: Even though most divorce decrees are meant to be permanent, life changes. When you need to revisit the arrangements, we can help.
Schedule your consultation with us today by calling (512) 768-9737. We are conveniently located in Austin and serve clients throughout Travis, Williamson, and Bexar counties.