Austin Annulment Attorney
Terminate Your Invalid Marriage in Travis County
There are three ways to end your marriage in Texas: through divorce, death, or annulment. In contrast to a divorce – wherein a valid marriage is terminated – an annulment is the process of terminating a marriage that was invalid from the beginning.
Working with a knowledgeable Austin annulment attorney can help speed up the process and increase your chances of success. At Hembree Bell Law Firm, PLLC, we offer results-driven representation to clients seeking to annul their marriage. We are eager to stand by your side as a trusted advocate and provide the honest legal service you need.
Grounds for an Annulment in Texas
If you are looking to terminate your marriage, the first step is to determine if you qualify for an annulment. To file for an annulment, either you or your spouse must live in Texas or you must have gotten married in Texas.
You must also meet one of the grounds for annulment in Texas, which include:
- Incest: If the spouses share a relationship closer than first cousins
- Bigamy: When your spouse is still in a marriage that wasn’t terminated before you got married
- Fraud: If one spouse lied or hid something that significantly affects the marriage
- Force: If one spouse was forced into the marriage through threats or coercion
- Impotence: If one spouse is unable to have sexual intercourse
- Intoxication: If one spouse was too intoxicated to consent to the marriage when the marriage license was signed
- Underage: If one spouse was too young to legally get married
We Can Help You Obtain an Annulment
Our team would be happy to assess your situation and determine if you may qualify for an annulment. If so, we can help you address issues that arise throughout the process, including child custody, child support, and property division. Our annulment lawyer in Austin understands that you want to finalize the annulment quickly and efficiently. We strive to simplify the process and remove the burden from your shoulders.